This release has a bunch of cool features that our customers, partners and the community want:
- Namespaces (provides application and data isolation that enables multi-tenancy)
- Improved queue performance in our flow system
- Fork and join capabilities in our workflow system
- A new metrics storage layer and APIs
- Richer time-partitioned file datasets
- A notification system that asynchronously triggers workflows based on data availability
- Operability improvements
You can check out the full list in our release notes.
Last week, I published a blog post about one of the cool additions included in this release – schema-on-read using CDAP. Schema-on-read means you do not need to know how you will use your data when storing it. It allows you to innovate quickly by asking different and more powerful questions after storing the data.